Scenic Views

Scenic Views

Monday, September 13, 2010

Salt Lake City- Day two June 29

Camping was quite the experience. I usually do not camp, and this is one reason I think this trip will be an adventure. Waking up in the middle of the night to walk to the restrooms was sort of scary. It is so dark out and you can hear the animals. Our tents were right near the camels, so you can only imagine how I felt. However, I survived my first night of camping and so did my campers. I feel like I will get more used to it after doing it a few more times. After waking up, we ate chocolate chip and blueberry pancakes. Then we hopped in the bus for an hour ride to the Alpine coaster, and along the way drove by Olympic Park, where some of the skiing slopes for this past winters Olympics games were located. The Alpine coaster is a rollercoaster where you go one or two to a person in a little car, and you control your own speed by handling the break. The track takes you up the mountain slowly, and you then make your way back down the curvy and fast track, back to the bottom where we began. At first I was extremely scared, but then I did it and had a blast. There are going to be many activities on the trip I am going to be nervous about doing but this is a once in a lifetime excursion so I am going to do it all! Immediately after we rode the fun rollercoaster, we went to the water park, where the kids got to relax in the lazy river and go on slides. After showering at the “clean” campground showers everyone got ready for a delicious dinner at Chili’s. Following dinner, we had a fun filled night of bowling. Everyone had fun, and no one kept score. Tonight is our last day in Utah and our last day of camping for a few days. As you can see, all of our days are filled with lots of things we do, but we keep energized with all the good food we are always eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment