Scenic Views

Scenic Views

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Get Knowledgable- Read Books

Are you one of the many people who are suffering from an expectation hangover? You may be feeling that you have not accomplished enough and this feeling makes you overwhelmed. Many people go into jobs because they feel it is the “right” choice to make. They may do what makes their parents happy instead of what makes them happy. For a long time, I felt that the “right” thing to do would be staying in Florida, waiting tables until I found a job I went to school for. I thought this was the best option because I could save money and eventually get a stable job here. Then a friend recommended a book called 20 something, 20 Everything by Christine Hassler. This is a self help book for women in their twenties. It discusses why we are confused and unsatisfied with different aspects of our life. The author Christine Hassler presents exercises for you to do throughout the book in order to answer these three simple questions: Who am I? What do I want? How do I get it? This book allowed me time to answer questions about my passions and dreams. Now, I have a different outlook on how I view jobs and how I go about getting the job I want. It taught me a valuable lesson about life in general. I recommend it to any woman in their twenties who is confused about anything in their life, or is having difficulty figuring out a career, or a relationship. Reading different books in general can give you different perspectives on things so keep your head up and keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment